Monday, June 6, 2011

Brainstorming for a New Campaign


With the school year coming to close here at OSU coming, most of my players will be heading off home or will be away at prestigious internships for the summer. Me? I'll be acting.

Rather than continue the current campaign with only half the players, I thought I would try something completely different.

So here's the plan. Public gaming. Sitting in the Memorial Union lounge for a few hours each week playing D&D and welcoming interested passersby to sit down and join. It'll be super relaxed and hopefully attract a large group of fluctuating players.

For rules I'll be using Basic D&D, either the Holmes or Moldvay edited versions. A simple game for casual gameplay. right now I'm leaning towards Moldvay, but I'm not ready to make any commitments till I reread them both.

As for the setting, I'll be taking B1: In Search of the Unknown, B2: The Keep on the Borderlands, B3: Palace of the Silver Princess, and B4: The Lost City and turning them into a mini-sandbox. I plan on adding some hints of inter-connectedness between some of modules, redrawing the wilderness maps to include all three modules, and fleshing out the additional sites included in B2 and B3.

I've actually never played any of these modules, so I'm looking forward to a good time and adding my own spin to them.

1 comment:

  1. That looks like it would be so kewl! I would suggest you use Swords and Wizardry WhiteBox (rocks) over D&D (sux) tho!

    :P

    ReplyDelete