Friday, June 10, 2011
A Few Thoughts on B1
Most of these musing are campaign specific and subject to change, but since I've have broken several all time records for most blog visits these last few days, I'll take it that you guys are enjoying these posts.
- In my campaign Quasqueton hasn't just been abandoned for a few decades, but about two and a half centuries.
- Zelligar and Rogahn were heroes of the Ptolian Empire. Zelligar for creating the orcs (the module mentions orc slaves), which now inhabit the upper level of the cavern and Rogahn for leading the orcish army into battle. They lived before the corruption and fall of their beloved empire--in fact their action were directly related to to its decadence and later destruction.
- Zelligar is dead, but Rogahn yet lives. In his later days, Zelligar experimented much with immortality (the black cats that is seemingly dead and the fire beetles that have survived without substance). Rogahn was one of his only successful trials.
- The orcs that inhabit the Quasqueton are waring to keep control of the caverns with a local group of barbarians and the priests from B2, who are interested in Zelligar's research and information concerning the rise of the Ptolots. If they discover Rogahn lives in an immortal stasis, they'll want him as well.
- Zelligar's diary contains much information concerning the Ptolots and their rise in power.
- The library is not as useful and the module describes. It can be used to conduct magical research, so long as the magic-user possess the spell read magic. Base chance 35% for success plus 5% for ever magic-user level, minus 10% for each level of the spell being researched. Knowing the spell comprehend languages yields an additional 10% to the die roll.
Posted by Unknown at 11:41 PM
Labels: B1, Campaign Settings, Campaigns, Modules
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment